Friday, October 12, 2018

Running and other things

I had a slow start running in October due to the driving involved in the visit to the Hebrides but I have been making up for that since with 5 runs of 5 miles and two of four miles making 33 miles for the week. On the downside each of them has become progressively slower and I started today with the first mile at almost 10.00 minutes which is where I was months ago.
However, I looked at the app during the run for a change and sped up leading to positive splits throughout the run. The final three miles were all under 9 minute miles and I was closer to 8.30 by the end. The final average pace was 9.15 per mile. Just shows I can do much better if I put some effort in, if in fact going more quickly is the aim. I spend a good deal of time just thinking getting it done is good in itself, regardless of how long it takes. There is merit in both I guess.
Storm Callum has been blowing throughout the day but it has been incredibly mild still. Lots of work done around the home again and things are looking good all round the house - new coffee table delivered today as well.

The big news is I have finally started the actual writing of my book. Just the first couple of lines but it is a start. Finished by Christmas?

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...