Saturday, July 30, 2011

Back on the bike

Having somewhat foolishly agreed to taking part in a charity bike ride in June, I had to get a bike to do some preparation in readiness for the 50 miles I initially thought would be a doddle. It was no time at all before I realised that was simply not going to happen and I managed a much reduced 25 miles instead. Not too bad I guess after so long out the saddle and with just a few weeks to get some semblance of bike fitness.

The best thing is that I have kept going and went out today and did over 12 miles cycling to the garden centre at Holt and back. That was after decorating the dining room including ceiling, walls and wood work and it made a nice break after being cooped up for much of the day inside.

The iphone is a blessing as I was able to see what I'd done thanks to a brilliant app which tells me I averaged a shade over 10mph for the journey, despite getting a puncture 3 miles from home. It also allowed me to listen to the cricket as I cycled, the phone pinned to the fluorescent top I was wearing. I must look pretty ridiculous but it is good to be back in the saddle after a long, long time without riding.

No comments:

Allotment day again

With Maria needing picking up from school and then being at dance for an hour and a half, I took the chance to visit both allotments yesterd...