Thursday, December 02, 2010

Sparkshop

Having the day off school gives me plenty of time to update the world on the travails of Werder Bremen (I ought to stop using Sparkshop) and our attempts to avoid a second consecutive relegation. Things weren't helped with Dom desperately seeking an additional player to give us our seven but Glen stepped in to at least make up the numbers. In the end, he did much more than that and could become a fixture in the team despite being able to run and chase.

Dave C in goal
Dom and Glen (then Matt C) defence
Spanish Dave, Craig, Matt C (then Glen) midfield
Iain forward

It was an inauspicious start and we were quickly 2 goals down with the side unusually exposed at the back. It was a pattern which was repeated throughout with alarming regularity. The second half was better in that we only conceded 1 goal but there had been 5 by then and we were well beaten

The highlights were few but I managed to head home from a corner and Spanish Dave scored from a cross when I returned the set up compliment.

The brightest spark came in the form of Glen who played well and held his own despite his tender years. I think we'd be happy to see him perform again.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...