Saturday, December 18, 2010

Nativity



I think this is the first nativity play I've ever seen by three year olds and you can imagine how cute they all were. It was lovely but showed how things have changed so much. There appeared to be too few seats to begin with but once the play started, and it was only a few minutes long, the rows of chairs emptied so the audience could get a better view for their videos. Sad to say I am one of them but it's almost as if no one experiences anything in the moment any longer. The photos and videos are required for future viewing and perhaps the viewer loses the ability to simply engage with something memorable in front of their very eyes? I wonder how many of the videos get watched again.

By the time Maria had finished and gone back to the pre-school, she was one of very few who had not cried; so many were over-whelmed with such a big audience!

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...