Monday, August 25, 2008

Verwood triumph over Centurions

I played my final game of the cricket season this weekend although the team has a game to play. It was only my fourth outing this summer but once again Verwood won comfortably leaving us in fourth place overall with a slight chance of promotion.

We batted first and it was a struggle to begin with. We found ourselves making slow progress and were 21 for 3 before a match winning partnership between John and Mark ensured victory was ours. They put on 161 runs and ended up unbeaten with a total of 182 for 3. John batted very well for 114 not out including 7 sixes. In contrast Mark was far steadier but nevertheless made the magical mark of 51 not out securing his first ever 50 on a Saturday after 25 years of playing!!

The opposition were always behind and wickets began to fall regularly with 6 of them coming to me in a spell of 6 for 36 in 10 overs. I was very pleased but it leaves me disappointed not to have made a bigger impact this year with only the handfull of games. My season figures are 15 wickets in 4 games at a cost of 124 runs, an average of 8.25.

No comments:

Lyme Regis trip

Alison's birthday celebrations continued with a weekend away at a cottage near Lyme Regis where we spent a couple of nights with Julie a...