Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to cricket

After a break of well over two months since my last game, I played cricket yesterday for Verwood who have been having a good season in my absence, hopefully despite rather than because. I've only managed two games so far so it was nice to be back although the weather was not fantastic by any means. We were at Fawley and after winning the toss put them into bat. They were always in trouble with Jerry eventually taking 5 wickets for just 15 runs. I got a bowl and took 3 for 12 in my 6 overs which means I've taken 9 for 88 this season which would give me a great average if only I'd bowled more overs.

Batting was straightforward with the target reached with just the one wicket down. Charlie scored 35 and Chris M got 48 not out. And it didn't rain once which means Verwood actually completed their first game in August.

No comments:

Lyme Regis trip

Alison's birthday celebrations continued with a weekend away at a cottage near Lyme Regis where we spent a couple of nights with Julie a...