Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cricket

Verwood played their first game of the new league season yesterday and it was a familiar story with the team suffering a heavy defeat playing at home. We batted first and made painfully slow progress with just 108 on the board off the 42 overs. I made my first golden duck for years as a tail end batsman trying to hit a few runs off the final balls of the innings which was a little disappointing. It was a good way to get out though with an edge hitting the top of the bail, dislodging it and then being caught by the wicketkeeper. In that sense I was out twice which makes me feel a lot better. The top score was only 26 and that was a painstaking effort as well.

The runs were never enough and we were swiftly put out of our misery with only three wickets going down for the opposition. I was fortunate enough to take all three, ending with 3 - 33 off nine overs.

Having gone down a division, I had hoped we would be more competitive this season but we were pretty awful all round and have to sort ourselves out quickly.

No comments:

Allotment day again

With Maria needing picking up from school and then being at dance for an hour and a half, I took the chance to visit both allotments yesterd...