Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bank holiday woes

The start of the half term break has not gone well with a school meeting over running considerably and leaving me stuck in Southampton traffic alongside the drivers making their way south west on the motorway. Sadly my car was telling me there was a problem with the engine as the warning light came on and put paid to my plans to collect Bridie from Plymouth. It will be a few days before the garage can check the fault out, hopefully something small and easily fixed, and in the meantime I have another courtesy Ka, blue this time rather than the ugly green one when I got hit last year.

The meeting with the new Academy leadership team went better than I'd hoped, despite going on so long, and it appears there is a clear commitment to building on our previous successes. Even better is that the staff have been rewarded with the top positions within the school in competition with the other closing school. That recognises their achievements at least.

No comments:

Allotment day again

With Maria needing picking up from school and then being at dance for an hour and a half, I took the chance to visit both allotments yesterd...