Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pictures and breaking news!




The bluebells are out and it seems like spring is here and my teaching future appears to have been resolved. The only problem is that my principles seem to be disappearing just as quickly as
my hair colour did so many years ago.

On Thursday I was the only teacher at school to say I was going on strike but it wasn't really worth it as I wasn't in school that day anyway as I had my interview for the new school academy. To recap I have been looking for a new position for some time after the decision to go with the academy was made. However, the matching across process meant that I was ringfenced for Asst Head position in new school which led to competitive interview, something I had to do on the chance I would not get another job before the end of May, deadline for resigning from school.

I went feeling confident I would get a different job at another school which meant I could be relaxed and honest. I was very, very honest and spent most of the time explaining why I couldn't work for the academy and what my plans were. To my complete surprise, the interviewing panel turned round and said they were desperate for me to stay, that I was an outstanding leader and that they would create a new post, deputy Head, for me alongside a wage increase of several thousand pounds to keep me. I wasn't quite sure what to say and spent the next 48 hours thinking it over because it is a complete volte face on my part and one I worried would lead staff to question my integrity and risk my credibility.

To a person they aid I'd be a fool not to take it and that they were pleased I would be staying which made me feel better about it. So now I've sold out and gone for the academy. The decision does not sit easily at all and I feel guilty for taking it when I ought to be feeling elated.

It will be interesting to see how things go.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...