Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year

It was back to school today after a holiday throughout which I seemed to be ill. What a waste of two weeks in a lot of ways because I feel like I need a holiday now. However, the last couple of days were better and I got to use my new golf clubs for the first time. Glen and I played the woodland course at Crane Valley and went round a couple of times at it's only 9 holes.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and hit the ball pretty well throughout. There were only 2 really duff shots the whole time. The ball actually went straight too but I imagine it's just beginner's luck.

School was quiet although we already have 4 members of staff off ill on the first day back. That's likely to get worse over the next 7 weeks which are the toughest of the year - lots of colds and bugs around and not a lot to look forward to until the spring starts - as well as the uncertainty of jobs in the new school.

I am applying for a headship in Sidmouth and a Deputy Headship at Ringwood and will be applying for just about anything in the area over the next 3 months. I haven't got a clue how I'll get on - these schools are bound to be popular because they're doing so well. But I definitely want to move schools and will just have to see if I can get lucky.

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...