Thursday, December 13, 2007

Almost there

Here I am in inclusion again on a cold Thrusday morning. I've just been teaching a Year 11 class who are doing some creative writing and, at last, they seem to have got the idea of showing, not telling. Interestingly, to me at least, I have met two ex-students in the last week who have decided to go into teaching. There is already one of my ex-students working here on a graduate teacher training programme and it is her best friend who has come in today looking to do the same. So it's a day when you feel reminded of the difference you can make in the lives of other people. They are all looking to teach English.

We have a meeting later this afternoon with the new school providers to look at their suggested leadership structure followed by a management meeting with the other school we are merging with. It will be a late night but it will perhaps clarify things a little more clearly. In the meantime I am going to be applying a new job over Christmas. There is headship at the school in Sidmouth. It has a 6th Form which immediately rules me out really but I might get an interview which would be useful in itself.

No comments:

Ragwormers play Teddy Rocks

I think I have been slightly overdoing all the exercise and allotmenting lately and that culminated in feeling so physically tired on Friday...