Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Headship?

I've been busily putting together an application for Headship at a school in Cornwall which was quite an achievement in itself. The personal statement took ages and I'm waiting to see whether I get an interview which would be next week with a view to starting in January.

The school is near Penzance, in fact to the west of Penzance so I don't think there's much prospect of me taking it even if I were successful. It's just useful practice before the serious business of applications after Christmas. Short listing takes place today so I should hear in the next couple of days if my references have been taken up.

I certainly don't want to stay here if it can be helped but you never know. I can't really say much more about that without the libel laws being invoked - it has not been very impressive fromm the new school providers to say the least.

No comments:

Lyme Regis trip

Alison's birthday celebrations continued with a weekend away at a cottage near Lyme Regis where we spent a couple of nights with Julie a...