Sunday, July 15, 2007

Verwood lose as usual

We had a fixture against Bournemouth down at Chapelgate and it was an eminently winnable game given that they were promoted with us last year and have struggled somewhat in the new division. However, it was the same story with a lack of penetration in the bowling and a lack of ability in the batting.

We conceded 192 runs for just 5 wickets with one of those being a run out. Another was played on to the stumps unluckily and I took 3 for 21. I'm not trying to big up my contribution but few players seem to be enjoying actually playing better players.

The batting was similarly shoddy and batting at number 10, I was 3rd top scorer with 13 not out including a towering six. It was my first for three years and was a genuine cricket shot for a change.

Next week is a must win I fear. Another defeat and it's difficult to see us staying up.

I'm going to miss the football again tomorrow and will rely on Matt to report on our second victory of the season. Who will be top scorer after the game? All will be revealed.

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...