Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A nightmare on losing street

Once again the opposition scoring meant Iscape would emerge pointless in the latest defeat last night. On a drizzly night in Wimborne, we set out once again as unfamiliar outfit with Dom still missing despite making up with Kev and Hen, Hen out through partner's illness and Dougie stateside looking for talent. I'll let you make your own minds up about that.
In came a trio of Ironsides with Matt, Pete and Darren all playing alongside Kev, the returning Matt C, Nick a new keeper rom Witchampton, and myself. The drizzle meant a speedy surface but a closely fought first half saw the teams turn round level at 0 - 0. Kicking downhill we fell behind to a well worked goal which culminated in a ball across the area and a tap in quickly followed by two more goals without reply. The defensive solidity was admirable for long periods but we are completely toothless going forward and have yet to score after 4 games which must be coming close to some kind of record.
Coupling the football with the cricket and I am 7 and 0 in American terms. No wins in 7 games. Good job these are team sports or else I'd think it was me and my fading fitness!

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...