Saturday, May 19, 2007

Friday

It was a deeply depressing day at school today as everyone begins to realise the writing's on the wall as far as the competition to run the school is concerned. On the plus side though theYear 11s are working well and using the revision room we've tried out this year for the first time. It's meant fewer of them wandering around with nothing to do which leads to problems.

I did get away early and was home by 3.30 although I worked out that I was in school for 55 hours this week without counting work at home and travel time. Got the grass cut after the wet weekend last week and will put some photos of the garden up later.

We're away at Bransgore in cricket tomorrow and I'll be hoping to score a whole run at some stage. Nothing in either football or cricket - what might that be indicating? Mind you, I've got the best bowling figures so far. I expect that'll all go tomorrow when I should be home watching the cup final. Hope Man U win and that Liverpool win on Weds.

Good to see the westcountry doing well - Yeovil in the play off final, Bristol City up (well done Matt), Argyle and Saints in the championship, Bristol Rovers in play off final too. makes a nice change. However, only one team in the league from Devon now with Torquay getting relegated.
I think Exeter are in the play off final for the Conference though - I'm hoping they don't quite make it!!

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...