Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Iscape win at last

It must have been my absence that did it, but Iscape won on Monday, our first victory for some weeks. It could have simply been the fact it was against the second bottom team with just one more fixture left this season against the very bottom side.

Regardless of the reason, it is a welcome change although there is some dispute over the final score. The website says 4 - 1 while the text I got says 5 - 1 with goals from Dave with three and Matt C with 2. That is crucial going into the last game in the battle for topscorer with Matt suddenly coming into the reckoning and Dave possibly catching up with me.

It hasn't been such an exciting race for many a year with my battle with Paul at Verwood coming to mind. We ended up level I remember simply because he shot every time he had the ball while I passed and set him up for a couple of simple goals in the final game. That's how I remember it anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a shame your memory is going with your age, there was plenty of mutual setting up in the last game as we walked it easily. Although you claiming to pass the ball is one of the most dubious statements you could make!!!

Anonymous said...

To be fair I saw him pass once this season.

Anonymous said...

obviously mellowing with age.

sammypafc said...

I think it might have simply been a miss hit pass

Read tomorrow for update on the race for top scorer!!!!

Anonymous said...

bagsie any unclaimed goals/talley errors

(thought i'd get in before thebigblokeatthebacksaid )

Allotment day again

With Maria needing picking up from school and then being at dance for an hour and a half, I took the chance to visit both allotments yesterd...