Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Healthy living

Having now lost three stone since September I have got to the next stage which is to stop smoking. I went for a 7.77 km run yesterday which I understand is not that far under 5 miles, so I'm getting there. I had my last cigarette at Oxford Brookes University at midday and had no more excuses for delaying the start of stopping.

It's now well over 24 hours and I understand I no longer have any carbon monoxide in my blood which is a shame - I like carbon monoxide. It's better than carbon dioxide which just causes global warming or perhaps I've got to do more research. By this time tomorrow I should be able to taste things better and be less smelly. It will be hard to tell in either case as I pile the 3 stone back on.

I am determined that won't happen though. I must find things to keep myself occupied. Any suggestions? Keep them clean please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done on the health kick, if i was there i would be so support you to continue. Your intelligent and know that to continue smoking is killing yourself. Your family has had enough sadness, dont help to add to it.

yup emotional blackmail, gotta luve it, use it all the time at work ;)

every day or every pack you would have bought put a £1 into a charity box that means something to you.

also well done Plymouth, gotta fancy your chances to go further really!!!

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...