Sunday, February 18, 2007

Another thrashing

I told Kev I wouldn't be putting anything on the blog about the game last week but I mustn't let the fact he scored both goals put me off recording it. We received another punishing defeat although nowhere near as outclassed as the previous game. I think the final score was 7 - 2 but just 2 - 0 down at half time was seen as the springboard to victory in a frustrating game we created lots of chances in. It's difficult to argue you were unlucky losing 7 goals though and I'm not even going to try.

The first of Kev's goals came from a free kick which was caught on the swirling wind and curled into the top corner as the keeper came to claim the ball in and got underneath it. The second was almost straight from a kick off as I stumbled through tackle after tackle and passed out to Matt who unselfishly squared to Kev to place home into an empty net.

The final four games are all against sides below us in the table (there are some!) and ought to see us pick up a few winds in the next weeks.

Hen Matt I Matt C Dave Kev 2 Dom Dougie Iain

MATT 1 DOM 1 KEV 5 IAIN 5 DAVE 5

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...