Saturday, September 30, 2006

Catching up






It's been a while since I wrote about anything other than football really, certainly since any photos so as I'm sat here on a wet Saturday afternoon I thought I'd do some catching up. The others are in Bournemouth shopping while I've been marking some 'Inspector Calls' essays and preparing for the start of NPQH course. I've just cut the grass out the back but the rain started before I could do the front. In the meantime I've taken down the swing seat which officially marks the end of summer.

The photos show the various pets starting with Rolo (ginger male) and Jellybean (tabby female), kittens we've had for a couple of months now making it 4 cats and 2 dogs. Air freshener is essential at times in our house! The you've got Billy who came from Yorkshire as did the kittens. He was rescued by the RSPCA and has taken quite a while to gain some confidence. He's asleep on my bed right now. Rosie and Maisie are sat on the table in the dining room so they can see who's coming up the garden path and bark at them.

The final 2 pictures are of a dragonfly which hatched out of our pond. The shed skin of the larval stage looks very fierce and finally the adult resting before taking to the skies for the first time.

No comments:

Lyme Regis trip

Alison's birthday celebrations continued with a weekend away at a cottage near Lyme Regis where we spent a couple of nights with Julie a...