Monday, April 17, 2006

Kingston Lacey






This morning Alison and I went to visit the gardens at Kingston Lacey whihc is just outside Wimborne. It was a beautiful morning and the hyacinths seen in the last picture smelt like honey along with a bed of bluebells just coming into flower. The house itself is supposed to be interesting to view but we didn't have enough time to walk round. The fern garden is waiting for the ferns to come into display but the tea garden looks fantastic with lots of bamboo and acers.

I'm beginning to sound as if I know something about plants. I might even guess that the flowers are camellias but I'm happy to be corrected.

No comments:

Lyme Regis trip

Alison's birthday celebrations continued with a weekend away at a cottage near Lyme Regis where we spent a couple of nights with Julie a...