Thursday, February 09, 2006

Lessons to be learned

The piano lesson is half an hour long and I am only half way through that so I decided to write a bit more.

Natasha is possibly going to be in hospital for a while longer with a fortnight’s stay the likely outcome. We’re not even halfway yet. Alison has stayed there throughout so far while I have been off work and have learnt a number of things.

The first is that Glen has a butler. I have never seen him nor do I help towards his payment. However, there must be one otherwise Glen could not be so mystified as to why he has to get himself up in the morning, find packing some lunch such an unusual experience and have to find everyday objects like his shoes for himself.

The second is that the washing machine opens quite easily. We had one before where I couldn’t get it open and just left it. To be fair it is Bridie who puts things in it but I can open it and have hung washing out. Importantly I have brought washing back in too. What you hear about single socks is true!

Next I have discovered that cooking needs to be planned to coincide with lots of other things such as when the next lift to work or from school is required. In the past my cooking has tended to be a relaxed affair to be enjoyed for its special occasion status. Everyday cooking is less fun and involves far less preparation and far more things from the freezer.

I am also aware that an evening without Hollyoaks or Eastenders on in the background can be quite nice. The downside of that is Sky Plus with Natasha having them recorded for her return home. That’s something to look forward to. I can hardly wait.

Finally I understand how BT can be so profitable as now instead of not really noticing the phone as someone else would always rush to answer it, I have to pick it up time and time again each evening. It is still rarely for me but there are a lot of calls!

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...