Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The best morning to be in school ever

The heading to this post might sound like a dodgy attempt to emulate the 'Greatest Album in the World' compilations with their ever more desperate attempts to generate enthusiasm and publicity but it is not a false statement, not this time.

While I think about it can you apply that greatest ever or best ever tag to everything in life? The greatest traffic light in the world or the essential pebble collection? And you just know that somewhere someone is thinking yes about time someone else publicised these interests. I expect you get to at least volume 4 with the essential pebble collection as world pebbles come into consciousness alongside mainstream European or American pebbles.

So why is it the best morning? I was just given a £1.00 coin by a lad in Year 11. Never mind that I've been involved with so many 'last chance' meetings with him in Year 10 or that he has had to be removed from Science completely due to poor behaviour, he gave me a poundbecausee he lost a bet. The stakes don't matter, the thing that matters is that we won. Plymouth 2 Southampton 1. I support a team that is above a team someone else here supports. You'd expect lots of teachers and students to support Premiership clubs but a lot also support the local side, Saints, or Ipswich or Leeds. No one supports a team that is lower than us in the table - until now! We're above Ipswich and Southampton.

I have barely mentioned it in class. I don't like to tempt fate. It won't be long until we're back to the position we know and feel secure in, looking up at everyone else. In the meantime I'm going to enjoy it quietly.

Do you think Kev and Dom will read this? Lets hope so. (Thirty Plus Saints supporters).

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...