Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Changes to the site

I have spent a little time of late trying to look at ways of developing the site having found out a way to discover where people are viewing from. I feel much of what has been added is cosmetic and actually not that useful but want to give it a go for a short while. I've added: -

a calendar (anyone can add to it)
entertainment news (heavily biased to the US)
what happened in history (not sure why other than I could)
a poll (which I am interested in)
a visitor counter (proudly standing at 0!)

Any feedback would be appreciated but I imagine most of it will disappear fairly quickly - we'll see.

Visitors from Romania, the USA and Singapore have read the site or more likely ended up here by accident and quickly gone elsewhere which I find amazing. Of course my friend was pleased to be recognised in a recent post and has moved on to lyrics from The Damned, more precisely New Rose which is, and this is such a weak Damned joke I apologise, really neat. Neat, neat, neat.

I understand from another email that the blog can be read using RSS which I have to say I don't fully understand but don't appear on counters. They are news readers apparently but whether they are any good I don't know. Perhaps someone could let me know.

Lots of meetings at schools today and lots of time devoted to mp3 players, not allowed but ignored unless on in class or corridor and not to be searched for if lost or stolen (same as we do for mobile phones), coats which aren't to be worn in the building, who intervenes when students are underachieving in their learning and Year 10 Parents Evening.

Exclusion meetings today went well with the girl who refused to cooperate last week returning meek and mild today and in tomorrow. The other one was very sad with the boy not coming. He'd been to the doctor today and has been referred to psychiatric evaluation suffering from manic depression. His needs are way beyond our abilities to deal with in school.

I am reminded of a parent several years ago who I knew pretty well. He was coming to school for a meeting with me and I heard he's been sectioned having been roaming the streets brandishing a samurai sword! It was a visit I remember feeling quite anxious about.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i voted, not sure about the 'entertainment news' though.

You must fancy your chances at the weekend down at the bottom.

'I stay under glass
I look through my window so bright
I see the stars come out tonight
I see the bright and hollow sky
Over the city's ripped backsides
And everything looks good tonight'


listening to it now, sheer class, great album

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...