Sunday, January 29, 2006

Big Garden Birdwatch and some fish






Not having done this before I wasn't sure how many birds to expect because although there often birds at the feeders I have no real idea how many as I seldom sit down and just watch them. As I should have known there were some disappointments and a number of pleasant surprises.

The coal tits weren't about at all, neither were the long tailed tits. On the other hand the siskins and the song thrush were bonuses.


Species Number
Blackbird 2
Blue tit 3
Chaffinch 1
Collared dove 2
Dunnock 2
Goldfinch 2
Great tit 1
Greenfinch 1
House sparrow 19
Jackdaw 4
Robin 2
Siskin 3
Song thrush 1
Starling 6
Wren 1

The pictures show the collared doves, blackbird, goldfinch and starling and some of the feeding stations.

As I had the camera I took some of Glen's tank too. The fish are all very healthy, as far as I can tell anyway, and continue to thrive. There are 4 black widows, a rainbow tetra, a shark, 3 clown loach, 5 neon tetra, 2 angel fish and Nobby who is some kind of bottom feeder who hides under a pirate skull most of the time.

No comments:

Euro tour

Our little trek round Europe is taking shape and is coming ever closer. This is for Maria and Lily to have an adventure after Maria's GC...