Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Saving Fish

Fish

Strange reasons to be called home – number 1

Having just sat down to enjoy a quick drink on the way home from cricket, I heard a female voice asking for me outside the Monmouth Ash as I sat with the team under the heaters outside. I had to take a call inside and was asked to return home to save the tropical fish.

One of Glen‘s friends had emptied far too much food into the aquarium and they were being starved of oxygen. I had to empty the tank of half the water and suck out the food left covering the gravel at the bottom. They survived the night but looked dreadful the following morning and a repeat of the process had to be carried out again.

All survived I am pleased to report but I never saw the pint again L.

No comments:

Digging for the harvesting

I was completely wiped out after yesterday's exertions with a run, dog walks and then a few hours at W allotment digging over beds ready...