Saturday, October 05, 2024

W allotment








It's getting toward the end of the main harvest now with the runner beans done and the tomatoes largely gone over after the drop in temperature. I did enjoy an extended visit this morning though and got the grass cut along with the strimming. All neat and tidy now. There were still things to pick, including a couple more courgettes, a squash, carrots, beetroot and swede. It is lovely to be picking into October with more to come yet.

I tidied up the old strawberry bed and did a bit of weeding in the bed where the potatoes were. It is manured and ready for planting. I weeded the leek bed and the bed with the new courgettes and cold frame with the spinach and lettuce growing. That just left, for now anyway, the cabbage bed where I stripped the netting away and cleared weeds and slugs before picking my first ever self grown cabbage. It was small but tasty.

Not much more to do for now with the allotments. I can leave a few more days between visits now.

No comments:

Kingston Lacy

Alison and I had a little visit to Kingston Lacy with the autumn season in full swing now. Beautiful colours and very quiet in the gardens, ...