Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Mid October




It was a busy weekend with Joseph staying three nights and the girls staying Friday night before a day in Bournemouth. They were all back to school on Monday when Alison and I drove to Dorchester where there was a shop with fancy dress which Alison hoped would provide her with a suitable costume. It was nice to simply walk around the shops without anything in particular in mind before meeting up with Sandra for coffee.

Tuesday was very wet again and Juno and myself were soaked after the first walk of the day, three miles in the mud. The stream in the woods is already full and autumn is just getting going. However, today is a complete contrast with sunshine for now and perfect for a walk across Dewlands to collect the car.

I did a cycle ride yesterday and dodged most of the rain but more surprisingly, I ran on Monday. I was not thinking of running again, at my advanced age, but have been thinking about it for several days. First time since May and I managed over two miles without a stop. Jelly legs afterwards though!

No comments:

Kingston Lacy

Alison and I had a little visit to Kingston Lacy with the autumn season in full swing now. Beautiful colours and very quiet in the gardens, ...