Tuesday, October 01, 2024

Back to work





We enjoyed the film yesterday. Grippingly tense. I preferred the first half when it was excruciating with the observation of manners and found the later parts rather more cliched, the realised violence a relief after the implied threats of earlier. On the way to Poole we stopped at the W allotment and picked lots of greens, more courgettes, tomatoes, carrots and beetroot.

Alison is back at work today and she took the car down leaving it for me to collect after I had the idea of walking Juno the three miles down to Verwood. There was some glorious sunshine as a reward.

Back home I have cooked chickpeas, kidney beans and black eyed beans for hummus and a vegetable chilli. At the same time I have been roasting tomatoes for sauce for the freezer, carrots for soup and beetroot for pickling and salad. Lots of runner beans to go with our jacket potatoes and chilli later, and I will be roasting squash and courgettes later in the week.

Off to the tip next, the library, Morrisons and a long dog walk.

No comments:

Kingston Lacy

Alison and I had a little visit to Kingston Lacy with the autumn season in full swing now. Beautiful colours and very quiet in the gardens, ...