Wednesday, May 15, 2024

W allotment




I managed a good few hours at the bigger allotment yesterday which resulted in my preparing the final beds, the big one in particular, for planting. That means no more digging this season, at least until one of the crops is done and the bed is left spare for something fast growing e.g. lettuce. 

The potatoes in containers look great and I was able to earth up the main crop potatoes as they look healthy and are growing quickly. The runner  beans are up and there are plenty of seedlings coming through too. The seeds seem to germinate much more successfully here than at WM. I was also spending time on ridding the broad beans of blackfly and in weeding round the onions and garlic. The old strawberry bed was dug over a few weeks ago but I didn't worry too much about clearing the weeds as I dug, so I got on with getting them out and then raked over the soil. Looks good and is ready to go next time I visit.


No comments:

Sunshine at last

What a lovely morning to wake up to today, not long after the longest day. I am just back from a bike ride to Horton and on to Knowlton Chur...